Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday, September 23, 2013

Yesterday, Sam picked me up at 11:00am and we went to Subway. I cleaned his apartment, made $30, and then we played tennis for 2 hours. After that, we worked on Magic decks and Dyanis called me. We went to Quizno's before he took me home at 6:00.

Today, I went to therapy. It went great, and we talked more about family issues. It's amazing how things that happened when you were little still affect you to the present day. It's like mom said "ripples in a pond".

Since the day was young and I had a day pass, I spent the day riding all the street cars in New Orleans. It was quite fun. I rode the Canal, Riverfront, and St. Charles street cars.

Earlier, I did research on street cars and found out the difference between them and the San Francisco "trolleys" or cable cars. The difference is street cars have their own electric motors and run off of overhead power lines for power. Cable cars run off of an underground system of cables run from a factory type building. The speed is fixed at 9mph and they require a man to operate this pliers-like grip that attaches and detaches from the underground cable to go and stop respectively. So although they are both cars made for public transportation, their inner mechanics are totally different. Very interesting! We are lucky here in New Orleans, because I think street cars are so much cooler!

Anyway, I went shopping at Dollar General, then took the bus home. When I got there, I laid down for a while and we had spaghetti for supper. Of course, I had two servings because I love it so much! =P Now, I am chatting with Dyanis. Later, I will take a shower and go to bed. I have work tomorrow. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment