Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday April 13, 2013

COH: $0.80
EBT: $135.00
Phone: 112.20
Visa: $0.62
Laundry: $1.50
Weather: 73•F sunny and cool
Mood: jittery

All this week I've been having lower back pain (aching on the right side especially), and I feel jittery. I need to eat something. I don't know why I have been feeling so weird. Maybe it's the meds. I will tell Anya about it on Monday.

Last night, I dusted, swept, and mopped in the apartment after the tile guy was here. It was so messy! but I got it done. I didn't think I could considering how tired and how much in pain I was, but I did. Amadeo was proud of me. Today, Amadeo had me sort and and sell these various cell phones and accessories online. I just posted the ads to Craigslist and eBay Classifieds. I hope they sell. The broken stuff I can drop off at Best Buy.

I took the parakeets out yesterday and today, and they love it and I love it too. We are both happier as a result. My goals for this week are:

1) Clean Sam's Apartment tonight
2) Go to therapy on Monday
3) Sell 3 chicks to Bird's Unlimited on Monday
4) Get lab done on St. Charles (when I can)

I have learned alot this past week in the respite home. I was constantly around people, socializing, and learning self help techniques through our group sessions and also individual ones. I have learned that it's better to try and fail than not try at all. It doesn't have to be perfect or nothing. Just give it a try and do your best and relax when you feel overwhelmed or tense. Put on the brakes and start over.

I learned these things because I was in an environment that forced me to learn. It was rough, but I did it. Amadeo is proud of me. He got me big Tupperware containers to put my stuff in. I will stay at Amadeo's house for the time being while I look for another place to stay. My social worker will help mt with that.

Meanwhile, Justin Mills offered me a job to help with construction around his house for cash. I most certainly agreed to do it, as I need the money and work right now.

I feel like an adult now. I never thought I would say that, but now that I am almost 28 years old, I am getting things done and being responsible (with the help of Amadeo and others around me). I am posting on blogs and checking/sending/forwarding emails to people for real life communication instead of wasting hours chatting with people I don't know and will never meet. I think my peers have helped me get and stay connected to the real world. I have not done so in several years because my social circles dried up, but now they are back! :)

I am posting at McDonald's today. The blender machine was really loud, but I have calmed down and I think I am going to be ok. My ears are aggravated, but I was protected. I will be going home now, and maybe chat with Dyanis later. Hopefully Ali turned his internet back on. Until next time....


1 comment: