Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday March 8, 2013

COH: 8.49
EBT: 142.65
Phone: 341.20
Visa: 0.62
Laundry: 2.00

Didn't do much today. Michelle and Britney of ACT team came over at about 12:30 pm to tell me that I was going to be transferred to the ACT team in the New Orleans Metropolitan area. The reason for this is my Medicaid does not have full coverage and does not include ACT services from Jefferson Parish, where they are from. They assured me that they will help me through the transitional process and that I will be in good hands. I signed a release of information form, talked with them for a while, then they left.

I was afraid that maybe the new ACT team would not be as helpful, nice, or otherwise a good fit. Michelle and Britney said that this is a legitimate concern, but reassured me that the ACT team is a model and is implemented consistently throughout all of their branches.

As far as an official diagnosis for Asperger's Syndrome, they told me that since such diagnoses are only meant for children, that Dr. Rodriguez can only give me a general diagnosis for Pervasive Developmental Disorder (P.D.D.). While true, it is not specific enough, and I still want to pursue the assessment at LSU hospital. Michelle and Britney agreed that I should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment