Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday March 21, 2013

COH:19.66
EBT: 96.42
Phone: 210.40
Visa: 0.62
Laundry: 1.25

I rode my bike to Crescent City Comics on Freret St. It's near Maik's house, so I took the same route to get there. I looked at the selection for a while and calculated the best value per card, as to what kind of pack I should get because I am on a budget. As if turns out, buying an intro deck was the best value since it is 60 cards + 2 booster packs (15 cards each). That comes out to 90 cards for only $14.16. Three booster packs would have come with only 45 cards for about the same price, so I got double that with the intro deck and 2 boosters. The cost was about $0.16 per card in the intro deck versus $0.29 per card buying 3 boosters alone.

I felt like I made a good choice and I am happy with my purchase. I like intro decks because they are organized and I do better when things are organized.
It was the Gruul Goliaths deck (Red-Green). That's all they had for Gatecrash when I went there, but it worked out because the Gruul guild is my favorite. I randomized and shuffled the deck and sorted the cards from the booster packs into my collection.

It isn't so bad, since I can still get my own cards without spending a whole lot of money. I guess I get the bargain shopping skill from my mom, and it's good to save money and get a good deal at the same time. I still have about $20 for laundry and for the taxi ride when I meet Dyanis tomorrow at the bus station to pick her up. I made sure of it. I wouldn't have spent money on cards if I didn't have enough money for what I needed but thankfully I did. It's a nice reward and a way to keep up with the rest of the gang I play MTG with.

So anyway, today was a good day. I got exercise, and got to talk to Amadeo and Felicia this morning. I haven't heard from her in a while. The weather was hot and sunny earlier, but is now cloudy and cold, at 64 degrees Fahrenheit. I am going to cook supper later and I have the meat thawing as I type this. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment