Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday March 15, 2013

COH: 2.56
EBT: 132.90
Phone: 291.60
Visa: 0.62
Laundry: 1.25

Today is the first day of Amadeo's vacation and be being on my own for this week. So far, so good. I called Amadeo this morning at 9:05am, right after I woke up to my alarm, used the bathroom, and took my morning meds.

Now, I am posting on this blog, also according to plan. I will call Amadeo at night after my phone alarm goes off and I take my night meds, and then go to bed. It's a pretty simple routine, so it is easy to follow. Considering that I have an Autism Spectrum disorder, I need rigid routines to keep my days structured and on track.

Today, it was really noisy outside earlier, with construction noise and boom cars, so I didn't go outside until later. One car climbed to 80, 83, 85, and peaked at 88 decibels! :O and that was inside standing by the door to the back closet room, so you know that was far away.

That is way too loud and it annoys the crap out of my ears. Lower frequencies are not as harmful as high ones, but still it is a disturbance of peace. Most boom cars are 75db at most when I am inside, but this thing was a King Kong! My neighbor was blasting his shit too, but it was more of a nuisance and was on 60db or so where I was sitting.

I will never understand why black people are so obsessed with loud, booming, bass heavy rap music. Do they think it makes them look cool to blast their tunes and rattle their trunk like that? I think it's silly.

Anyway, thankfully it only lasted about 30 seconds or less. While 88db is dangerous, I would have to be exposed to it for 4 hours straight in one day without protection. My ears are aggravated, but they're safe.

I didn't do much today other than chat on Facebook with friends, and worked on transcribing "Fire" by the Supertones. I got very far and almost finished, including all the instruments.

I am burnt out and hungry now, so I can finish later or tomorrow. I will go cook supper soon, because I have not eaten since this morning.

Dan those loud motorcycles passing as I type this! >:(


No comments:

Post a Comment