Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday March 20, 2013

COH:33.82
EBT: 96.42
Phone: 220.40
Visa: 0.62
Laundry: 1.25

Today was a good day. Didn't do much until about 4:45pm when I showered, shaved and brushed teeth. I dried off, got dressed, and got ready to go to Maik's. when I got there, everybody had already eaten, but Michelle told me they left a 1 and 1/2 Roast beef po-boy. I ate it and it was delicious. It hit the spot just right, since I hadn't eaten all day.

Somewhere during my meal, I heard Michelle get upset in the other room. I walked in to see what was up, and Andrew, Maik, Sam, and I were mortified and shocked, so none of us said anything. She stormed off to her bedroom, and I figured she was upset about something, so I whispered to Maik and asked what happened. I figured this was a "Michelle moment", and that she threw a fit/tantrum about something.

Come to find out, she got upset because when she was playing against Maik, Maik was having another conversation with either Andrew or Sam. Michelle has this pet peeve where she can't stand too many conversations going on at once around her. The same thing happened a while back when I was talking to Maik during a game against Michelle. Maik didn't mind, and if anything saw it as a diversion tactic. I really didn't mean to bother anyone, but Michelle blew up all of a sudden. No warnings or anything. Something like "Sergio would you stop fucking with my damn game?!". Another episode happened a few months ago when Sam turned up the TV volume to hear the presidential debate from the room where we play Magic. It wasn't too loud, even for me, but it distracted Michelle and she went to her room. She didn't want to say anything as to not to cause a scene or spoil everyone else's fun, but it actually had the opposite effect when everyone wondered where she went.

I really wish for her own sake and everyone else's that she wouldn't be afraid to speak up. Instead, she lets things slide until she can't take it anymore, and then lashes out like a cornered mouse. I used to be the same way, but over time, I learned to have the courage to politely speak up if something is bothering me. I tried convincing Michelle of this, but she just got more upset. Sam told me that's how she is. Anyway, by now I realize that Michelle is best left alone when she is in a bad mood like that, as nothing will cheer her up. Instead, it's best to let her calm down and blow off steam  for 30 minutes to an hour or so.

Sam was sick and had to leave, Andrew left early as usual, and so it was just Maik and I left. We played two games and each won and lost once. We stopped after that, and I worked on decks the rest of the night. Maik and I attempted to trade some cards, but I wasn't sure, so I declined.

By the end of the night, Michelle was going back to her room, and I stopped to tell her I had research the Blue Plate Artist Lofts. I told her that there are no extra sinks for painters, and no common area for pottery and woodworking. I told her that they did, however, have common area for art galleries, a place to lounge with wifi, and even a soundproof music rehearsal room. I then showed her all the info and pics on the site via my iPod and she loved it. She was much happier at this point than she was earlier. I'm glad it worked out, and she went and got $12 to pay me. She said "Thanks for checking that out to satisfy my curiosity." I said "You're welcome! :)" and asked her if she was serious about renting a loft, because I could see her doing that (being an artist). She said that she was just curious and probably couldn't afford the rent. I then showed her the prices and Maik and her both agreed that they are pretty inexpensive, certainly less than apartments at The Esplanade, even if she couldn't afford it.

Then, I took my meds, packed my stuff, said goodbye to Maik and Michelle, and went home. During my visit, Dyanis texted me a few times saying that her bus leaves a day earlier than she had originally thought. She wanted to chat with me because she is really stressed, so here I am chatting with her and posting this blog. She has to skip a day of teaching to make the bus on time, and she having to pack everything tonight also.

Before I came out here, I unpacked my stuff and called Amadeo. He wasn't there, but I left a message. Today was a good day overall and I look forward to tomorrow. I was planning on riding to Crescent City Comics and buy 2 or 3 booster packs from the current Magic: The Gathering expansion called Gatecrash. Anyhow, that's all for today. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment